Monday, November 10, 2008
Intrigued Young Woman
When I visited the museum, I saw many things that intrigued me. The mask collection being what amazed me the most. I couldn't get over how beautiful and perfect every mask was made. When the young boys made masks at Culture Camp, I didn't know what to think besides that they were the most beautiful things I have ever seen. When I went to he museum, I had that same feeling. Many of the ancestors of the different cultures of Alaska had many creations that were very similar. The masks had to be one of them. They used them for dancing as well as funerals. It was truly breathe taking to see them. I would go back and visit that exhibit again. I have never been so delighted to see a creation that told so much about out past. I bragged to my family memvers about the Masks that I saw and I am going to try to find pictures of Aleut Masks to show my classmates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment